Good Parenting: Exhibit 1 (overheard at work today)
- 6-year old: Mommy, why is that man dressed like a lady?
- Mother: That is a lady. She was just born with the wrong body.
- 6-year old: How did that happen?
- Mother: Nobody really knows. But she's working to fix it, and that's what's important.
- 6-year old: Okay! *runs up to obviously self-conscious woman*
- 6-year old: Hey! Miss!
- Lady: ...yes?
- 6-year old: You look really pretty in your skirt!
- Lady: Thank you!
- *Kid skips back to her mom, and literally everyone in the vicinity smiles*
I feel like lots and lots of people (especially cis queer guys) forget that some guys have vaginas, too
And that some of those guys with vaginas are gay.
And that making jokes about how gross vaginas are with your gay cis male friends might be really fucking funny to YOU
But all it does is remind me why no boy could ever possibly love me.
Because to them I’m summed up by what’s between my legs.
Nearly all the cis queer guys I know do this shit.
ljg rape accusations
dianasolo asked me a little while ago re: Laura Jane Grace and the rape accusations that have surfaced over the last couple of days. I’ve looked it up and so far all I’ve found is that one Tumblr post that cites third-hand rumours without any documentation of them or anyone alleging to be a survivor coming forward. The sites that have reblogged it are pretty anti-trans generally (a few of them repeatedly used the word “tranny”). That leads me to believe that the allegations are less than substantial. If it turns out to be true, obviously I will eat the shit out of my words, but as of right now I have to say I’m skeptical in a way that I never was about, say, the Isaac Brock accusations. The timing and the tone of the comments together are very fishy.
- @nataliereed84: Oh, you're cis? Nice to meet you! So, what's your vagina like?
- @nataliereed84: Wow! You look great! I never would have gussed you were cis!
- @Mowgli3: "But how am I supposed to learn what cis bodies are like if I can't ask you everything about yours?"
- @AndyTehNerd: But how can you be sure that's your gender? What if that's just what you were raised to believe?
- @nataliereed84: But are you SURE you want to remain male? How do you know for sure this is right for you?
- @AndersStarmark: Of course I support you. But I just want you tone it down. You're scaring people, and scared people are dangerous.
- @nataliereed84: But "cis" people might regret not transitioning! We need strict criteria for diagnosing cisgenderism to prevent that.
- @AndersStarmark: I don't believe Cises get raped. Who'd fuck one of them?
- @LanaLangton: Yeah you can come clubbing with us but only if you promise to act like a girl.
- @AndersStarmark: This magic ring will keep your gender the way it is.
- @nataliereed84: People with mental health disorders might think they're cis when they're really not. We can't trust their choices.
- @LanaLangton: You must declare your cisism immediately when you meet me or any of my friends else you are deceiving us.
- @nataliereed84: It's not my fault I'm not attracted to cis ppl. I just find your bodies icky. It's just my sexual orientation!
- @nataliereed84: No, but what's your REAL name? You know, the one you actually chose.
- @nataliereed84: Wait, so you think you're a womon-born-womon? Isn't that just equating sex with gender and buying into the patriarchy?
- @LanaLangton: sorry if you find what we say offensive it's just we're not used to actually talking to cis people & its only 'banter'
- @nataliereed84: Look son, I understand you identify as your birth sex, but why can't you just transition to being a butch lesbian?
- @AndersStarmark: No, I'm sorry, you may not use the ungendered restroom. A gendered one? No, never heard of them. Wouldn't work anyway.
- @nataliereed84: Isn't it a bit selfish to go around claiming you're really your birth sex and expect us all to just go along with it?
- @nataliereed84: You may think you're a woman because you're XX, but I think of you as male, and you need to respect my beliefs.
- @nataliereed84: But if we let cis men use the men's room, what's to stop one of them from raping your children!?!?
- @kinetictheorist: I'm glad your granddad died before finding out your cis
- @PeregrineTwist: so you mean your cock is ATTACHED!? How do you sterilise and wash it properly?
- @maeveregan: Oh, your new partner is cis? So do you actually have sex or what?
- @nataliereed84: Son, you say that you're a boy, but I think you're a bit too young to be making that decision.
- @nataliereed84: Honey, I know you think you want to remain male, but are you sure this isn't just a mid-life crisis?
- @AndersStarmark: I'm a psychologist. I can help you cope with your reluctance to transition. Just relax. Let me help.
- @AndersStarmark: You know, for a cis you're pretty attractive. I'd even call you fuckable.
- @MaeveCaitKelly: Wow! You're such a convincing cis person, I just thought you were normal! Well done.
- @sashapixlee: Dude, she looks like she might be cis. Be careful, bro
- @sasugakirin: Just because "grue" is used to hurt you cis people all the time doesn't mean I can't reclaim it.
- @BecciCath: No, Cis Identity Disorder shouldn't be removed from the DSM, I mean, being cis is a lifestyle choice, so u must b mad
- @Dru_Marland: You're cis? -honestly, I'd never have known, you look so good
- @AndersStarmark: If you cis people didn't scare people of we'd have opposite sex marriage a long time ago!
- @Dru_Marland: "Are they real?" (gropes stranger's breasts)
- @AndersStarmark: I think you're taking it a little hard when someone truegenders you. It's just a label, it's nothing serious.
- @LadyJaya: You mean your breasts started growing when you were 12? Can I feel them? They seem so real!